We, members of the General Assembly of ADEPR ; Parsuant to Law n° 06/2012 of 17 February 2012 determining organization and functioning of religious-based Organizations ; Having revised the Statutes of the organization Pentecostal Church in Rwanda, ADEPR, as adopted on 28/01/2010 by the Ministerial Order n° 79/08.11 of 07/07/2010 determining the modification of the Statutes of Association of Pentecostal Churches in Rwanda”, named ADEPR ; Parsuant to the resolutions of the extraordinary General Assembly meeting held at Muhanga on18/10/2012 ; In our session of February 15, 2013 ; Adopt the Statutes of ADEPR as follow :
CHAPTER 1 : NAME AND HEAD OFFICE
Article 1 : Creation of ADEPR and its Head office
It is hereby created a religious-based Organization called “PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF RWANDA”, known as ADEPR. Its head office is located in Kigali, Gasabo District, Kigali city, Republic of Rwanda. It may be transferred to any other place on the territory of the Republic of Rwanda following decision of the organization’s General Assembly.
CHAPTER II : MISSION OF THE ORGANISATION AND ITS AREAS OF OPERATIONS
Article 2 : Mission of the organization
The organization’s mission is :
1. To preach the Gospel of Jesus-Christ and teach the Word of God according to the Holy Bible ;
2. To publish and distribute Christian literature and other books in compliance with the Law ;
3. To promote the social welfare with focus on health services, education and other social activities aiming at development.
Article 3 : Area of activities
The Organisation conducts its activities on the whole territory of the Republic of Rwanda, and may extend its activities elsewhere in the world upon decision of of the organization’s General Assembly.
Article 4 : Beneficiaries
ADEPR beneficiaries are all inhabitants of Rwanda and other people in areas where the Organisation can extend its activities.
CHAPTER III :MEMBERS OF THE ORGANISATION
Article 5 : Members of the Organisation
Members of the Organisation are Christians members of ADEPR who are grouped into parishes and represented within governing organs in accordance with laws ADEPR statutes.
Article 6 : Membership eligibility
A person is admitted as a member when he/she fulfills the following requirements :
•To be born again ;
•To be baptized by immersion ;
•To be a member of one of ADEPR parishes.
Article 7 : Loss of membership
A person ceases to be a member under the following conditions :
1. Resignation ;
2. Death ;
3. His/her exclusion by competent organ under the circumstances provided for in the Internal rules and regulations.
CHAPTER IV : ORGANS OF THE ORGANISATION AND THEIR DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
Article 8 : Organs of theOrganization
Organs of the organization are made of Higher Organs at the national level and local organs. With exeption to provisions of these Statutes, criteria for accessing and leaving church leading organs are provided within Internal Rules and Regulations of ADEPR
Section 1 : Higher organs at the national level
Article 9 : Structure of higher organs at national level Higher organs at the national level are as follows :
1. General Assembly ;
2. Board of Directors ;
3. Executive Bureau ;
4. Audit Committee ;
5. Conflict Resolution Council ;
Sub-section 1 : General Assembly
Article 10 : Duties and responsibilities of the
The General Assembly has the following duties and responsibilities :
1. To adopt and modify theorganization’s bylaws (statutes, internal rules and regulations and other necessary instructions) ;
2. To elect and dismiss the Legal Representative, the Deputy Legal Representative and other members of the Executive Bureau ;
3. To approve the Board members ;
4. To approve the action plan of the Organisation ;
5. To analyse and approve the annual financial reports ;
6. To analyse and approve the budget
7. To approve the extension of the organisation’s activities abroad ;
8. To approve the members of the Conflict resolution Council ;
9. To approve audit committee members ;
10. To make any other decisions that it deems necessary.
Article 11 Organizational structure of the General Assembly The General Assembly is ADEPR’s supreme organ. It is composed by :
1. Members of ADEPR’s Board of Directors ;
2. Members of Executive Bureau of the Region ;
3. Pastors of Local Chucrhes ;
4. Representatives of other believers, (one representative for women and one representative for youth) from each region ;
5. Three audit committee members ;
6. Chairperson and Vice Chairperson of the management Committee. The Executive Committee invites Missionaries and other people to participate in the General Assembly but the latter do not have the right to vote.
Article 12 : General Assembly functioning The General Assembly meets once a year and whenever it is deemed necessary. It is convened and chaired by by the association’s Legal Representative andit is held only if there are 2/3of the members. In the absence of the Legal Representative, the meeting is convened and chaired by the Deputy Legal Representative.
Article 13 : Convening the Genera lAssembly An invitation letter containing the agenda meeting shall be sent to each member at least 30 days before the meeting. If 2/3 of the members are not present, the meeting is cancelled and convened within a period not exceeding fifteen days. This time participants meet and make decisions without taking into account the quorum.
Article 14 : Decision making in the General Assembly
Decisions of General Assembly are taken by consensus. In case of absence of consensus, decisions are taken with an absolute majority of members present in the meeting. After reading the general assembly resolutions in front of all members present, the resolutions are signed. Minutes of General Assembly meetings are signed by the chairperson and secretary. They are filed after the consideration and approval of the following general assembly.
Sub section 2 : BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE ORGANISATION
Article 15 : Duties and responsibilities of theBoard of Directors
The Board of Directors is ADEPR’s overseer organ mandated by the General Assembly for the management of the Organisation. The Board of Directors’ duties and responsibilities are the
1. To prepare a draft of ADEPR constitution, draft internal rules and regulations and other orders ;
2. Ensuring compliance with the statutes, conventions and internal regulations as well as other laws governing ADEPR ;
3. To receive and examine the reports of the Executive Bureau ;
4. To ensure follow up of the implementation of the resolutions of the General Assembly ;
5. To approve the action plan according to the resolutions of ADEPR General Assembly ;
6. To analyze and approve the draft budget of the association ;
7. To analyze and and approve the employment process and revocation of following employees upon request of the Executive Bureau : Heads ofdepartments, Project Managers, head of services and Directors of specialized
To approve incentives, bonuses and other benefits to be given to ADEPR Personnel and other beneficiaries for the benefit of the association ; To prepare the agenda of ADEPR General Assembly ; To approve specific instructions related to elections ; To approve Electoral Commission members ; To prepare a list of the members of the Conflict prevention and resolution committee ; To assess and approve candidates who run for the posts to be elected within ADEPR ; To submit report of activities to the General Assembly ; To suspend temporarily one or all members of the Executive Bureau if they fail to suitably assume their responsibilities according to internal regulations. This temporary suspension shall be communicated to the General Assembly within a period of time not exceeding 60 days which, in turn decides in accordance with laws. Article 16 : Board of Directors composition The Board of Directors is composed of :
•5 members of the Executive Bureau ;
•5 Pastors responsible for regions ;
•5 experts in the different domains selected by the Executive Bureau of which at least 30% are females and are approved by ADEPR general assembly. Board members elect among themselves a chairperson and vice chairperson of the Board. Members of the Executive Bureau and Regional Pastors are not eligible to run for
Article 17 Board of DirectorsFunctioning The Board of Directors meeting is convened and chaired by the Chairman or his/her deputy in case of absence. It is convened in writing before 15 days. The Board of Directors can convene extraordinary meetings if it is deemed necessary.Extraordinary meetings are convened by thePresident
1. On his own initiative ;
2. When requested by the Executive Bureau or the 1/3 of Board of members. The Board Chair can seek advice to the Executive Bureau in order to prepare the agenda of the meeting. The executive bureau can propose important points to be added to the agenda. The Secretary General of the Executive Bureau takes the minutes in the Boards of Directors’ meeting.
Sub section 3 : THE EXECUTIVE BUREAU OF THE ORGANISATION
Article 18 : Attributions of the Executive Bureau The Executive Bureau of the Organisation has the following duties :
1. To draft ADEPR statutes taking into account members’ideas ;
2. To ensure the compliance with ADEPR Statutes and regulations ;
3. To implement the resolutions of ADEPR General Assembly and of theBoard of Directors ;
4. To ensure daily management of ADEPR ;
5. To take urgent decisions and report to higher organs ;
6. To elaborate the budget and short middle and long term action plan of ADEPR based on its general objective and submit them to Board of Directors ;
7. To be held accountable at the first step of financial management of ADEPR ;
8. To establish relationship of the Organization with other Christian organizations at the national and international levels ;
9. Ensure the growth of assets of the organization ;
10. To establish good relationship and represent ADEPR in front of public institutions and other organizations without compromising its doctrine and programs ;
11. To approve ADEPR Pastors’ retirement ;
12. To supervise activities of pastors, missionaries and employees of the Organisation.
Article 19 : Executive Bureau organizational structure The executive Bureau of the organization is composed by :
1. The Legal Representative ;
2. The Deputy Legal Representative in charge of the spiritual life of the Church ;
3. The Secretary General ;
4. The Finance Manager ;
5. The Financial and Administrative Advisor.
Article 20 : Term for Executive Bureau members The term for members of ADEPR Executive
Bureau is 5 years renewable only once successively. At least one of the Executive Bureau members must be female.
Article 21 : Requirements to be a member of the Executive Bureau The Legal Representative, the Deputy Legal Representative and the Secretary General must :
1. be Rwandan ;
2. be a pastor ;
3. be a personof integrity ;
4. be at least 35 years old ;
5. have not been definitely sentenced to a main penalty of imprisonment of not less than six (6) months which is not crossed by an amnesty or rehabilitation ; Be a University graduate in theology or any other domain with 5 years of working experience as a Pastor or ; have a secondary certificate with 10 years of working experience in Church leadership ; More specifically, the General Secretary must possess a Univerity Degree in Theology or in any other Scientific Discipline related to his tasks. Director of Economic affairs and Finance The Financial and Administrative Adviser be Rwandan ; be a person of integrity ; be member of ADEPR ; have not been definitely sentenced to a main penalty of imprisonment of not less than six (6) months which is not crossed by an amnesty or rehabilitation ; be a university graduate in any domain relating to Economic, Management, administration or Human Resource management sciences ;
6. have a working experience in similar domains.
Sub section 4 : AUDITORS
Article 22 : Auditors duties Auditors duties are the following :
1. Audit and inspect the financial and property management of the Organisation management, and thus report to the General Assembly ;
2. Ananlyze and approve the work plan of internal auditors ;
3. Analyse and approve reports of internal auditors and monitor the implementation of their recommendations ;
4. Analyze reports of external auditors and ensure the follow up of implementation of their recommendations.
Article 23 : Appointment, number and rights of auditors The general Assembly appoints 3 auditors. They have the rights to check the Organization’s accounting books and reports without taking them out of office. The Board of Directors can also contract with external professional auditors when deemed necessary.
Sub section 5 : ORGAN AND CONFLICTS PREVENTION AND RESOLUTION PROCEDURES
Article 24 : Duties of conflicts resolution committee It is hereby created a conflict resolution organ in charge of resolving conflicts among ADEPR members, employees and employers. This organ is made of 7 people selected by the board of directors and approved by general assembly. The term of office for the committee is 4 years renewable once. They elect among them a president and a secretary.
Article 25 : Powers of Conflicts Resolution Committee Any conflict within the church shallbe settled amicably by church organs. In case they fail to settle conflicts amicably, they shall refer to the conflict prevention and resolution organ within the Church. Decisions of this organ are respected by all organs of the Church. The concerned party which is not satisfied with the organ’s decisions may file a case to competent courts.
Sub section 6 : REGION
Article 26 : Structure of the region The region is an organ which regroups Local Churches withinits districts. ADEPR is has 5 regions. Each region has the following organs :
1. Regional Executive bureau ;
2. Regional Board of Directors ;
3. Regional General Assembly. Duties and responsibilities, structure and functioning of regional organs are prescribed for by the internal rules and regulations.
SECTION 2 : LOCAL ORGANS OF THE CHURCH
Article 27 : Structure of local administrative organs of ADEPR The local administrative organs of ADEPR are the following :
1. Local Church ;
2. Parish ;
3. Chapel. Internal rules and regulations provide for limitations, duties and responsibilities and functioning of local administrative organs of ADEPR.
CHAPTER V :PROPERTY OF THE ORGANISATION
Article 28 : Property of the organization and its origin The assets of the organization are composed by :
1. Movable assets ;
2. Unmovable assets. The source of of the organisation’s property is :
1. Tithe, regular offerings and other contributions by members ;
2. Investment of the organization ;
3. Grants and bequests of well-wishers ;
4. Any other lawful source.
Article 29 : Use of assets The use of assets of the Organization follows regulations and instructions approved by organs of the Organization. If a member decides to leave or is excluded, he/she cannot be refunded his/her contributions or the related profit.
CHAPTER VI : DISSOLUTION AND LIQUIDATION OF THE ASSOCIATION
Article 30 :
The Organization can be dissolved upon decision by three quarters (3/4) of its effective members in the general assembly. If the reason for its dissolution is voluntary, the General Assembly decides the members who receive the property. If the reason for its dissolution is not voluntary, its property will be allocated to to other religious organizations of the similar objectives to those of ADEPR.
CHAPETR VII : MISCELLANEOUS AND FINAL PROVISIONS
Article 31 : Obligation of organ All organs of the organisation are required to respect the Holy Scriptures, statutes of the organization and resolutions of the general assembly.
Article 32 : Electoral committee in ADEPR The ADEPR electoral committee checks the conformity of candidates and supervises the election. After election, the committee closes itsactivities after reporting. The Board of directors approves specific instructions guiding the election process.
Article 33 : Appointment of Pastors and Church Elders Members of Regional Executive Bureau and leaders of ADEPR Local Churches are appointed by National Executive Bureau of ADEPR which in turn, informs the Board of directors at national level. Parishes’ Pastors Church and Elders are proposed by the Regional Board of Directors and approved by ADEPR National Executive Bureau which informs the National Board of directors.
Article 34 : Loss of post and allowances for leaders. Any church leader in above mentioned posts shall loose the position under the following
1. When his/her term ends ;
2. When he/she retires ;
3. When he/she decides to leave ;
4. When he/she has been definitely sentenced to a main penalty of imprisonment of not less than six (6) months which is not crossed by an amnesty or rehabilitation ;
5. When he is subject to a disciplinary or administrative sanction by a competent church organ ;
6. When he/she dies. Allowances and other benefits for church leaders that end their office term, retire, leave for sound reasons, and previleges for his/her relatives when he/she dies while serving the organization are provided forin the internal rules and regulations of the Organisations. Retirement age is provided for by the Labor code in Rwanda.
Article 35 : Considerations after end of term. Leaders that ended their term with dignity remain with the honor of leaders depending on posts they occupied.
Article 36 : Job contract
Each leader and employee in various organs of the organization must get a contract in accordance with Labor Law and the nature of his/her work.
Article 37 : Internal rules and regulations All the dispositions not mentioned in these statutes are provided for in the internal rules and regulations of the association and other instructions issued by competent organs in compliance with thesesstatutes provisionsand the internal rules and regulations. The internal rules and regulations must comply with the statutes.
Article 38 : Repealing provision
The present statutes of ADEPR replace and abrogate the previous statutes and other legal provisions that were published in the Official Gazette n° 33 of 16 August 2010 and sanctioned by the Ministerial Decree n° 79/08.11 of 07 July 2010.
Article 39 : Commencement The present statutescome into effect after their approval by the General Assembly.
Article 40 : Consultative Meeting It set up a Consultative Meeting named ‘Meeting of ADEPR Senior Pastors’. The meeting will draw up major orientations from which the church high hierachy will be inspired in taking decisions
Article 41 : Original Language of these Statutes
The original language of these Statutes is ‘Kinyarwanda’. It the one that serves for interpretation at the first level. Done in Muhanga, on February 15, 2013
Rev. Pastor Jean SIBOMANA
Rev. Pastor Thomas RWAGASANA
Deputy Legal Representative